Good morning and have a nice week everyone!! Today we celabrate our 3rd birthday with a sweet sweet recipe.. Lemon and poppy seed donuts!
Baked, not fried, they’re healthier so you can have 2 or 3 without remorse..🙂 At first I thought that baked donuts don’t really count as donuts, but they’re just as soft and fluffy!
More sweet (not only donuts) recipes coming soon..
For the cake donuts:
- 80gr unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 110gr caster sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 185ml milk
- 500gr self-raising floor, plus extra for dusting
- a good pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 220gr sugar
For the lemon buttercream:
- 60gr unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 250gr icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
photos © chrysoula papagianni